Saturday, September 05, 2009

Turkey Corn Chili


The recipe came out thicker and less "soupy" than I preferred so I added 1/2 tbsp flour and 1/2 cup milk to make it more chili like.
1 medium onion, chopped
1 tbsp corn or vegetable oil
2 cloves garlic chopped
1-1/3 lb ground lean turkey (I used 1 1lb)
1 small red pepper seeded and chopped
1-1/2 cups frozen corn kernels (I used 1 can)
1 can diced tomatoes
3 scallions chopped
1 tsp poultry seasoning
1-1/2 tbsp chili powder (I used less)
1 tbsp ground cumin (I used less)
1-2 ounces hot sauce to taste (I used 3 dashes, the kids don't like spicy)
Salt and pepper to taste
shredded cheese (I used cojack) for topping
In a deep saucepot over medium-high heat, saute onion in oil for 3-5 minutes.
Add garlic and cook 1 minute more. Add turkey and brown. Add bell pepper, corn and tomatoes. Bring to a bubble, stirring in scallions, spices, hot sauce and salt & pepper.
Reduce heat and simmer 10 minutes. (This is when I added flour and millk.)
Serve in bowls topped with cheese.

No comments: