Monday, February 21, 2011

Propose to Him Banana Cupcakes

Bananas + Peanut Butter = Heaven. I'm not sure why I held off making these for so long. Well, yeah, I do. I'm not a baker and the idea of making frosting scares me. I fear no more. Incredibly easy and super yummy (did I mention that it's bananas and peanut butter?) these cupcakes rock. Also check out my awesome attempt at frosting "fancy".

Banana Cupcakes:
1-1/2 cups sugar
1 stick unsalted butter, softened
2 large eggs
1-1/2 tsp vanilla extract
2 cups all purpose flour
1/4 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1 cup buttermilk
1-1/4 cups ripe banana mashed

Preheat oven to 350 degs F.

Cream butter and sugar with a mixer until light and fluffy.

Add eggs and vanila and mix until batter is smooth.

Combine all dry ingredients and mix into batter in 3 parts, alternating with buttermilk. Reduce speed to low and mix for 2 more minutes.

Line cupcake pan with wrappers. Using a spatula, gently fold mashed bananas into batter. Scoop into cups until 2/3 full.

Bake for 25 minutes and let cool.

For Frosting, combine:
2 cups powdered sugar
1 stick softened unsalted butter
1 tsp vanilla
Add:
1 cup creamy peanut butter
3 tbsp milk
Mix until spreadable.

Makes 18. (or 24)

[click here for printable version]

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Best cupcakes ever!!