Sunday, February 27, 2011

Kelley's Trail Mix

My dear friend Kelley gave me this recipe years ago. I finally got around to trying it - it's a huge hit with The Spawn and Diva! I did burn the pretzels slightly, so I'll need to reduce the baking temp next time I make this.

3 cups of chex cereal (rice, wheat or corn)
2 cups of cinnamon teddy grahams [I like goldfish cinnamon grahams]
2 cups of pretzels
3 tablespoons of butter
2 tablespoons of honey
yogurt covered raisins [I used 6 oz yogurt covered cranberries]
chocolate candies or chips [I used about 1/2 cup M&M's]

Mix cereal, grahams and pretzels together. Melt butter and honey together (make sure butter is melted). Pour butter/honey mixture over the cereal/grahams/pretzels.

Bake for 12 minutes at 350 degrees. Take out and let cool. The bears will be mushy right out of the oven but will harden back after sitting out to cool!


Add yogurt covered raisins and chocolate candies.

No comments: