Thursday, May 24, 2007

Tatertot Hotdish (Casserole)

Never the same twice. One of my favorite comfort foods. I apologize for there not being exact measurements, but with this dish you cook until it smells good.

1lb hamburger
chopped onion
pepper
1 can cream of (whatever) soup - I've used chicken, celery, mushroom and it's all been good.
frozen corn or other frozen vegetables
cooking spray
shredded cheese
steak seasoning
frozen tatertots

Preheat oven to 400 degrees (or whatever is recommended on tatertot package).

In large skillet, brown hamburger and onions with a few dashes of pepper, I don't use salt at this point because salt will be added with the steak seasoning at a later step.

Add creamed soup and frozen vegs. I use about 1 cup because I'm not a big fan of cooked veg's, so feel free to use more if you like. Heat thoroughly.

Spray 8x8 or 9x9 casserole dish lightly with cooking spray. Spread meat mixture evenly into pan.

Sprinkle with shredded cheese, I like a good layer for lots of cheesy goodness.

Spread tatertots over cheese to cover entire surface - 1 layer of tatertots only! Sprinkle tots lightly with steak seasoning.

Place in oven for about 25 minutes or until tatertots are golden brown.

I like to eat this with buttered bread and a big glass of milk. Feels like home again.

No comments: