Thursday, January 27, 2011

Chinese Crockpot Chicken

Another one of my favorite chicken recipes. Usually when I make this I shred the chicken and serve wrapped in a tortilla with rice and lettuce leaves. If I can't find a whole chicken on sale, I use chicken thighs and cut the recipe and cooking time in half.

1 whole chicken
1/4 cup soy sauce
1/4 cup orange marmalade
4 tbsp ketchup
6 cloves garlic
1 onion sliced
salt & pepper

Rinse chicken inside and out. Place in crockpot.

Combine soy sauce, marmalade and ketchup and pour over the top of the chicken.

Add garlic and onions, salt & pepper to taste (less salt because of soy sauce).

Put the lid on the crockpot and cook on low for about 10-12 hours. Chicken should be falling off the bone when ready.

Serve with steamed broccoli, brown rice and cooking sauce (degreased).
[click here for printable version]

No comments: